A few years ago our alarm went off at 2am! GLASS BREAK ALAEM GLASS BREAK ALARM GLASS BREAK ALARM!!! My wife and I did exactly like we have trained to do:
1. We have no kids so we jump behind the bed and point our handguns at the doorway.
2. ADT called 911, they called back on the cordless phone, completely illuminating the bedroom!
3. Wife jumps up to turn off the bathroom light, I flag her with my G19.
4. I jump up to turn phone light off, wife flags me with her G43.
5. I decided that bumping my mag release and dumping the full mag on the floor is what I should do next. So I do that.
6. Wife hands me my full mag off the floor, I attempt to insert it in the mag well, upside down, which seemed like a decent plan at the time.
7. I get my mag back in, paint a green laser on the livingroom wall and declare: "Next MFer thru the door gets shot." It made sense at the time, it didn't 5 seconds later.
8. S.O. deputy shows up and I watch him clear every room, until he found the pan that fell off the stove onto the tile floor, setting off the alarm.
Our plan got some major reworks after that.